Welcome to our Review of the WaterRower Oxbridge Rowing Machine in Cherry with S4 Monitor
We’ll tell you about the features, what we like & what we don’t like, we’ll tell you about what other customers who have bought the WaterRower Oxbridge Rower, have said about it. We’ll give you our verdict; to buy or not to buy, and we’ll also tell you where to get the best deals online.
WaterRower Oxbridge Rowing Machine in Cherry with S4 Monitor Review
One of the few fitness rowers, that would leave you satisfied with your purchase day in, day out of use is the WaterRower Oxbridge Rowing Machine. This machine is a beautifully built piece of fitness equipment that will make a wonderful addition to your home. It would not only be a cool addition to your home but also to your fitness and health regimen. A lot of buyers have only had positive feedback about this amazing fitness rowing piece.
The Oxbridge is hand crafted from a premium hardwood grown in the US, known as Solid Cherry. This isn’t just for a more attractive look or for better aesthetics, but the structural capacity of the Cherry has some excellent properties of its own. So the Water Oxbridge Indoor Row Machine combines both aesthetics and functionality, in that it is durable, strong, and a quality product that is sure to withstand intense usage and can guarantee the user, durability. Its build and fineness is up to the Concept 2 E model.
A Brief Look at the Features and Specifications
- Handcrafted rowing machine with “water flywheel” that replicates actual rowing feel
- Flywheel sits in enclosed water tank to provide smooth, quiet, self-regulated resistance
- Series 4 performance monitor tracks workout intensity, stroke rate, heart rate, and more
- Solid cherry wood construction absorbs sound and vibration; hand finished in Danish oil
- Stores upright; measures 84 x 21 x 22 inches (W x H x D) and weighs 117 pounds
The Water Oxbridge Indoor Row is designed for both the expert user; but not totally casting away the new user. The water resistance technique gives you a feel of what real rowing feels like. That is the single reason why some buyers have opted for this one instead.
The water resistance technique of this rower ensures that there you have a smooth and quiet workout session. You don’t need to manually adjust resistance levels. For more intense workout, you have to increase your rowing speed and for more relaxed workout, you just simply decrease your speed.
The Water Oxbridge Rowing Machine is well designed, with its ergonomic seat and foot pedal, accompanied by a firm foot strap; you can never have discomfort as a hindrance to your workout time on this machine. The handgrip beam is also well padded for extra comfort and it has an integrated heart sensor that displays your pulse rate on the S4 monitor.
Oxbridge Rowing Machine in Cherry, S4 Monitor
The S4 display monitor is craftily placed on the side and it superbly equipped to give you a real-time feedback on your workout session. It displays information like distance, row counts, session time, speed, heart pulse rate, etc. There are other monitor features that make the machine more interactive. These features include: QuickSelect, QuickStart, AutoStore, AutoPreview, Zonebar, all with different instructions.
The Water Oxbridge Rower measures 24.5 X 28.5X 23.5 (l/w/h) and weighs 117 pounds. This machine can probably withstand the highest user weight amongst all rowing machines. It can withstand a whopping 1,000 pounds; so you can’t be too heavy to use it.
- It features Water resistance and a Flywheel that gives you a realistic rowing experience.
- Hand crafted sturdy wood design to ensure durability.
- Padded handgrip for workout comfort.
- Polycarbonate water tank, making it virtually indestructible.
- Manual resistance adjustment (depends on rowing speed).
- Can carry up to 1000 pounds user weight.
- Ergonomic foot pedal and seat with dual rail.
- Simultaneously works total body muscle groups.
- Very good health investment at $1,130
- Series 4 Monitor display (calories burned, distance, speed, calories burned, time, etc.)
- Very good customer rating
- Water resistance equipment needs less maintenance compare to other fitness rowing machines.
- After standing it upright, it consumes a surprisingly minimal storage space.
- The monitor is detailed and gives real time feedback.
- Ease of use.
- The S4 monitor doesn’t have back-lighting making it uncomfortable in low lights.
- To some extent, it makes noise. The loudness is dependent on how hard you row.
Oxbridge Rowing Machine, Cherry with S4 Monitor Customer Reviews
4.9 / 5
4.8 / 5
4.5 / 5
4.9 / 5
4.7 / 5
4.8 / 5